Saturday, June 8, 2013

Loss of Wisdom...teeth, that is!

Good evening blogging family,
Its been a couple of days since I last posted because we went through some changes in our household. First all, we changed cable/Internet providers. My last post was right before the installation man came out and installed the new "stuff." For those of you that know me, you may remember how unpleased I was with our first company and that I got tired of fighting them over price, so I dropped them. It was a comical scene, but essentially I refuse to speak with anyone from that company at this point. We switched to a new provider and were relatively happy, but then some salesmen came to our door and offered a pretty decent savings for switching companies, so Jon signed on. I wanted to drop cable completely, and just use Internet. Anyway, we now have a new company and today is the first day I have had the opportunity to set up the lap top with the new information.

In my last post, I spoke of my goal for National Running Day was to be able to hit 4.75 miles in 60 minutes. I DID IT! I actually hit 4.83 miles which is an average of an 12.25 minute mile. Since I do interval training, I actually know that my walk is at a 15 or a 14.45 minute mile and my run is between an 11:00 and 11:30 minute mile. I looked back at Map My Run and saw that I was averaging a 16-12 minute mile back in July of 2012, so I have knocked about 5 minutes off my time. I am liking those results and my goal is to get down to a 10 minute mile. In every interval run, I do the last part of my run at a 6 (10 minute mile). I am getting there!!!

On Thursday, I was pretty sore from my longer run the day before, so I just did a quick 5k. I ran the 5k in 36 minutes, but I did a total of 45 on the treadmill.

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed on Friday and thought I'd get out for a long walk today. Unfortunately, a trip to the grocery store did me in and I needed a long nap. One of my teeth was a little complicated because of the way it had grown in, so there is some extra swelling and extra bruising around that tooth. The Doc said I could get back to exercising on Monday, but my goal is to get a short walk on Sunday. I don't want to cause any unnecessary new bleeding. Edited to add: The girls wanted to take a walk (after my post) so we went on a family walk; we did 2.2 miles in 41 minutes. I was not in any extra pain, and I was proud of the entire family for getting out and walking.

The good news: this should be the last of my surgeries for a while. :) Two surgeries in a matter of three weeks is enough for me!

I hope you are all having a good weekend, I am off to check out some of my other favorite bloggers!
As always, working my way to fit, (but today, I am lounging my way to recovery!)
Kati

No comments:

Post a Comment