Friday, May 24, 2013

Another one bites the dust

I can not believe the end is here. Today is our last school day for students; while I still have to work, there is a different pressure once students are gone! I have been thinking a lot about my goals for this summer; I really want to boost my weight loss efforts with more increased exercises.

I was reading a weight loss blog post about doing a 3 days on, 1 day off workout routine. Jon and I discussed it and that was the routine we were to start following. Jon has done AWESOME! He is slimming down and he has really embraced the 3on1off. I, however, have not. It seems like there is always something stopping me. This week, it has been recovery from my surgery. Last week, it was an insane schedule of soccer games and practices.

Starting this weekend, our lives seem to settle down a bit. My goal is to hit PF tonight, Saturday and Sunday for my 3 on. I will take Monday off. Then, I hope to be able to go to PF before work on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of next week. Since students are not in school, I won't need to be as early as I have been.

Working out in the evening is a challenge because more appealing opportunities arise. I am really hoping that by trying to incorporate morning workouts, I will get in a nice rhythm by the time next school year starts.

As a fun side note: I started the C25K program last June and struggled to "run" two miles in 35 minutes. In fact, I remember thinking "running" 3 minutes in a row was HARD. Now, I am doing interval training runs for 50 minutes and am hitting over 4 miles. I am pretty proud of the progress I have made in a year. I still have a long way to go, but isn't that the point of the weight loss journey? There is always room to do better!

Have a happy Friday!
Working my way to fit!
Kati

No comments:

Post a Comment