Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weigh-In day

I find it odd that I am excited to go to Weight Watchers for weigh-in days and my weekly meetings. Interestingly enough, the topic of the meeting was sharing the excitement that we have for getting healthy with others around us. Similarly, we can gain inspiration from other's excitment. This week's meeting hit home,

Two times at the gym this week, someone told me I was motivating them to work harder! I'm loving this!!! Saturday night, I hit 2.5 miles in 30 minutes and burned 502 calories on the treadmill. From the treadmill I hit the circuit training section. Nikki and Tiffany (new members) were in there and unsure how to use some of the machines. I showed them a few things and then continued my workout. Nikki told me she was watching me to see what to do--she said "oooh girl, you are inspiring me to work harder." Of course, I was then inspired to work harder! At the end of the night, I had 65 minutes of a workout, more than 500 calories burned and 15 exercise points earned. I am a former athlete, and I am having fun finding my athletic self again.

My goal this week was to lose 2.8 because I would then be in a new "10". I know its a lofty goal, and 2.8 is a lot to lose in one week after being on program for 10 weeks. Still, I like a challenge and I like to have something difficult to shoot for. Anyway, I fell a little short of my goal with a 2.6 lb weight loss. I am not disappointed at all! I am super excited that I hit 2.6! For this week, my goal will be 2.8 again. For no other reason than the fact that I want to hit that number!

This week, we are supposed to hit 70 degrees one day. I look forward to being able to take my kids out to play. I am noticing that my "trouble" time is immediately when I get home from school. I find the need to snack, so I am hoping by immediately going outside, or involving myself in some other activity I can replace the after school snack. Anyone have any suggestions for those trouble times during the day?

Looking forward to another great week! Hope yours is wonderful.

Working my way to fit,
Kati

No comments:

Post a Comment